Information & Communications Technology
DEPARTMENT OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY
1.1 HISTORY OF TETFUND ICT DEPARTMENT
The Information and Communication Technology Department (ICT) became fully functional as a Department from February, 2012.
1.2 MISSION STATEMENT
To leverage on emerging, sustainable and reliable ICT Solutions to improve Management effectiveness and achievement of the Mandate of the Fund.
1.3 VISION STATEMENT
To be a dynamic ICT department of benchmark reference in 5 years.
1.4 Our Service delivery values are;
1.5 DIVISIONS OF THE DEPARTMENT
The Department has Three (3) Divisions namely:
- Internal Operations & Systems Support;
- Central Management Information System & ICT Advisory;
- Beneficiary Intervention Projects.
1.6 TEAM STRUCTURE
The Internal Team Structure derived from the three divisions for a more efficient and effective operations are as follows:
- Network Management & Support
- Software Design, Development & Implementation + Website
- User Support
- Server Management & Support
- Beneficiary Intervention Project vetting & supervision (ICT components)
2.0 FUNCTIONS OF THE DEPARTMENT
To deliver prompt and timely ICT solutions and support/maintenance of ICT infrastructure in the Fund through the following;
1. Provision of ICT based decision support system for decision making;
2. Leverage ICT Strategies and Innovations to achieve the Fund’s business strategies and goals;
3. Implement Information Technology Policy of the Fund;
4. Provide advice on aspects of ICT investment in hardware and software to the Fund;
5. Monitor the SLAs (Service Level Agreements) of ICT service providers to ensure compliance with stipulated standards;
6. Support and empower the Fund, Stakeholders and Beneficiaries through;
- Implementation and administration of ICT tools for effective collaboration,
- Implementation and administration of ICT tools for effective data access and security,
- Effective and innovative use of the future technologies, ensuring the application of IoT (Internet of Things) and Big Data technologies,
7. Training of TETFund staff on ICT with a view to,
- Increase individual effectiveness, and
- Increase operational efficiency.
8. Plan, design and integrate technology enabled learning programmes to the Fund, Stakeholders and Beneficiaries;
9. Maintain the Fund’s ICT Infrastructure, including Servers, Laptops/Desktops, Data Communication Networks/ other Network Components, Software and ICT based security systems;
10. Maintenance of TETFund Website;
11. Conducting project management and quality assurance activities for Beneficiary Institutions’ ICT projects; and
12. Vetting and monitoring of ICT based interventions for Beneficiaries in collaboration with other departments.